Maps and map data
Carmenta offers a wide range of map products as on-line services as well as tailored map solutions for your system needs.
Map-as-a-Service by Carmenta
Carmenta offers maps in the form of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). The Map-as-a-Service option is easily integrated into applications via standard web map services and is available with Service-Level Agreements (SLA) for the various different usage scenarios.
- The Sweden Map is optimised for C2 systems and is available as an OGC WMS/WMTS service.
- The Nordic Countries Map is optimised for traffic management systems and is available as an OGC WMS/WMTS service.
- The OGC WMS/WMTS service publishes Jeppesen C-MAP Electronic Navigational Charts (Professional+) with global coverage.
- The OGC WMS/WMTS service publishes global weather forecast maps based on data from Jeppesen Marine Weather Services.
Pirate Warning Maps-as-a-Service
- The OGC WMS/WMTS service publishes updated piracy information based on data from the Jeppesen Marine Piracy Service.
- Carmenta can set up and host a range of customised web map services according to specific client needs. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Carmenta have prepared a number of specialist maps for use in mission-critical systems. These maps are available for on-site installation or as MaaS.
- The Carmenta Sverigekarta (Sweden Map) is a digital map of Sweden that has been optimised for use in command & control systems. The map’s layout and colour scheme have been carefully chosen and are ideal for use as a background map.
- The Carmenta Nordenkarta (Nordic Countries Map) is a digital map of the Nordic countries. It is particularly suited to road traffic management systems as it provides a highly detailed view of the road network.
Third party maps
Carmenta is a value added reseller for map data from the following providers:
- The leading global provider of maps, traffic and location data (formerly NAVTEQ Maps).
- Lantmäteriet (The Swedish National Land Survey)
- The leading provider of maps, cadastral survey and location data for Sweden.
- Trafikverket (the Swedish Transport Administration)
- The leading provider of road and transportation data for Sweden.