Powerful support for military overlays
Tactical Extension is a supplementary package that makes it easy to implement support for military overlays in your Carmenta Engine-based applications.
Tactical Extension supports tactical symbols and graphics according to the MIL‑STD‑2525 and STANAG 2019 APP-6 standards, and also contains a multitude of features that facilitate the development of C4ISR applications.
Carmenta Tactical Extension is a powerful development tool designed to meet the challenges faced when integrating complex military overlays in a Command and Control System. The data-driven visualisation and comprehensive symbol management ensure that the presentation is always kept up-to-date. With Tactical Extension it is easy to implement real-time situation displays that include advanced symbology.
Tactical Extension has been seamlessly integrated with Carmenta Engine and extends its already powerful overlay capability to a new level.
Carmenta Engine Tactical Extension contains the following components:
- Ready-to-use implementation of the MIL-STD-2525B (change 1), MIL-STD-2525C and STANAG 2019 APP-6B symbol standards.
- Supports MIL-STD-2525 Appendix A, B, D and E.
- For APP-6B all point symbols in the 1.X hierarchy are supported.
- Provides an API for handling the full MIL-STD-2525 and APP-6 metadata. The metadata contains descriptions of the tactical symbols and can be used to create data-drive symbol editor dialogues.
- A group storage component for advanced support for hierarchical grouping of tactical symbols with functionality for automatically generating convex hulls around groups. The convex hull polygon is calculated in real-time and works with moving objects.
- Visualisation parameters such as size, affiliation colors, transparency, halo, fill and icon can be set individually per object or collectively per layer.
- Tactical symbol are specified using SIDC identifiers which makes it very easy and quick to define tactical objects.
- Supports dynamic moving and rotating 2D and 3D views.
- Easy-to-use APIs for .NET, Java and C++.
- Support for hardware accelerated graphics and display of several thousands of moving tactical symbols, even on low-end rugged systems.
- Built-in support for creating and interacting with tactical symbols and and graphics.