Hardware Accelerated Rendering of Extremely Dynamic Objects
The Carmenta Engine Plot and Radar Video extensions are supplementary packages for systems that need to display radar plot overlays, radar intensity displays and other highly dynamic layers. Thanks to a highly optimized, GPU accelerated rendering pipeline, these extensions can handle millions of continuously moving objects.
Mission critical systems often need to handle real time data streams from external sensors such as radars. Handling such data streams can be challenging, especially when it comes to keeping the map display up-to-date with the rapidly changing information.
The Carmenta Engine Plot and Radar Video extensions are designed to make this task easy. The high performance of the components ensures that applications will be able to handle virtually any amount of plots, as well as continuously updated intensity displays, without slowing down the system.
- Plots and radar video can be overlayed on any Carmenta Engine map – benefit from the support for 70+ data formats and high fidelity rendering to create a highly usable map display.
- The extensions are available for all Carmenta Engine versions – it runs both on Windows, Linux and Android.
Plot Extension Features
- GPU accelerated rendering pipeline (OpenGL or DirectX) can handle millions of continuously updated plots.
- Optimised API (available for C++, .NET and Java) allows the application to handle plots in batches to minimise overhead.
- Plots can be rendered either as coloured dots or using external symbol files.
- The plot opacity can be dynamically updated. This makes it easy to e.g. smoothly fade out old plots.
Radar Video Extension Features
Optimised API (available for C++, .NET and Java) allows the application to pass in individual sweeps from the radars to efficiently update an intensity image. The color and opacity of the intensity images is fully customisable.