Code of Conduct
Companies such as Carmenta, our customers and our partners, all play an important role in creating an ethical business conduct in the world and to shape an ecologically sustainable development.
For Carmenta, this means to take care of the environment, to behave ethically in all aspects of our business, to set good examples in the way we act towards each other as employees and how we treat our business partners. We shall always respect laws and regulations wherever we do business.
There must be no doubt whatsoever that we are setting the highest standards in respect to business integrity. Every Carmenta employee, without exception, has a personal role to maintain the reputation of Carmenta in this aspect and we urge all our suppliers to comply with our Code of Conduct.
Carmenta participates in the United Nations Global Compact inititiave
Structured as a public–private initiative, the Global Compact offers a policy framework for the development, implementation and disclosure of sustainability principles and practices related to its four core areas: human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption.
Carmenta hereby embrace, support and enact, within our sphere of influence, a set of core values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, the environment and anti-corruption:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
Read more at www.unglobalcompact.org.
We treat our employees equally and with respect regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership and any other characteristic protected by local law, as applicable.
Employees with equal qualifications, experience and performance shall receive equal pay for equal work with respect to their relevant comparators.
Workplace diversity at all levels is encouraged.
We provide a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with international standards and national laws. Our workplaces shall be safe and we shall work actively to prevent accidents, illness and injuries.
Carmenta respects privacy as a human right. Any personal information kept by the company must be obtained correctly and lawfully, be relevant for it’s purpose and be treated with utmost care.
All employees are free to form and to join trade unions and to bargain collectively.
Our employment terms are fair and reasonable, complying at minimum with national laws.
We have a firm commitment to contribute to ecologically sustainable development.
Carmenta works to prevent corruption and have zero tolerance for corruptive practices. We do not offer, and we do not accept, improper gifts or hospitality. All forms of compensation to agents, suppliers and shall refer only to justified products or services.
All Carmenta employees are expected to report to the nearest superior any observed or suspected violation of law or this Code of Conduct.