Carmenta Engine Demo
Carmenta Engine High Performance Demo Application
This demo shows Carmenta Engine’s ability to visualize and process complex geographic data with high performance. The demo has been developed using Carmenta Engine SDK and uses the Carmenta Engine C++ API. The geographic data is used courtesy of the US Geological Survey.
- High performance processing and visualization of geographic vector and raster data
- Concurrent processing and visualization – efficient support for hardware accelerated graphics and multi core CPUs
- Everything you see in the map is read directly from standard GIS formats such as Shape, GeoTIFF etc.
- Extremely responsive Line Of Sight and Vertical Profile analyses
- Ability to simulate a large number of moving objects with very low CPU load (users have been reporting a modest 2% CPU load when moving 3000 objects)
- Real-time non-overlapping label placement of street name labels
Instructions for Running the Demo
- Download the Carmenta Engine Demo.
- Run the downloaded self-extracting archive and unzip the files into a directory of your choice.
- Click the Carmenta Engine Demo shortcut on the desktop to start the demo.
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows7.
- A graphics card with OpenGL support is recommended, but not required.