A high-performance, reliable solution for maps in mission critical systems
Carmenta Engine provides the components and tools that enable software developers to rapidly add dynamic map displays and other advanced map functions to a range of different applications. Carmenta Engine offers excellent map performance and has a proven record of round-the-clock reliability, after several years of continuous service in mission critical defence and security systems.
Carmenta Engine has been designed from the ground up to meet the demanding requirements of mission critical applications. It provides systems with a scalable and easily managed solution that handles everything relating to maps and geospatial information.
Carmenta is committed to openness and open standards, which is why Carmenta Engine supports the ability to read maps and data from web-based map servers using open standards.
It also supports direct reading of data locally. When data is read in its original format, time-consuming and expensive offline work to prepare the data is greatly reduced or eliminated altogether.
With the Carmenta Engine Software Development Kit (SDK), developers are getting efficient, easy to use, modern development tools that enable them to develop more in less time. Carmenta Engine runs on Windows or Linux, and the SDK supports the use of popular development platforms, such as .Net, Java and C++ based environments.
Key Technical Features and Benefits
- Efficient application development using native .Net, Java and C++ APIs
- Develop more in less time
- Has top-of-the-line 2D and 3D rendering capabilities
- Create great looking real time oriented maps
- Reads geographic data directly from more than 70 formats
- Use data in original formats, no conversion of data is needed
- Uses hardware accelerated graphics
- Main CPU is offloaded. With low CPU load, the CPU is free to do more time critical tasks
- Uses multi core CPUs
- Unleashes the full potential of the latest generation of CPUs
- Parallel and asynchronous processing of data
- Keeps the user interface responsive
- Can be extended with advanced tactical graphics or terrain analysis functions such as line of sight
You can add even more capabilities to Carmenta Engine with Extensions. There are extensions for such things as 3D presentation, Nautical Chart presentation, Tactical symbols and graphics and Visibility Analysis (“line of sight”). For a full list and details about all the 15 extensions available, please read this document.
Demo and evaluation
We suggest that you download the Carmenta Engine Demo to get an idea of what kinds of applications you can develop with the Carmenta Engine SDK. If you like what you see, request an evaluation of the full SDK.
For more information, please contact us or download the brochures in the column to the right.